Online consumer studies have proven that Twitter followers are more likely to buy and recommend products, as covered in this great Mashable article. They explain, “84% of followers read tweets posted by the brands they follow, only 23% claim to tweet about the brands they follow.” We certainly all want as much consumer conversation about our brands as possible, but in the meantime we feel good about the 84% who are listening to us. Keep Tweetin’!
Top 5 reasons Twitter users follow brands:
- 64%: I am a customer of the company
- 61%: To be the first to know information about the brand
- 48%: To receive discounts and promotions
- 36%: To gain access to exclusive content
- 28%: To receive content/information to retweet and share with others